Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tools That Change the Way We Think

Extensive Internet/media/technology use to me is that it is the most convenient thing to use to look up something. When it comes to remembering the information that I look up I don’t remember it unless I purposely try to. There is no reason to remember it because if I do forget it, it takes me about a minute to find out whatever it was again. Knowing that the internet is always going to be there, and that it is almost always easily accessible, there is no need to force myself to remember things. Concentrating on what I need to do is more difficult on the internet than if I was using an encyclopedia. When you using an encyclopedia there are no potential distractions, unlike on the internet. I think people who learned without any access to the internet, would have worked harder at remembering what it was they looked up, because it was not as easy to look and find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment